Friday, July 6, 2012

Inked Embossed Birthday Card

When I started my blog in March, I had no idea what kind of response I would get.  So, today I'm super happy to have over 10,000 page views.  Thank you for taking the time to view my work.  It's the small things in life that make me happy!!!

This Inked Embossed Birthday Card was made for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge CFC60 titled: Text me and the Moxie Fab World Birthday Stamping challenge. To create this card I inked up the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder with Hero Arts chalk ink in Iris and then I ran it through my Texture Boutique machine by Sizzix.  Essentially this stamped and embossed the image at the same time.  It has a distressed look to it that I like but I thought it needed some colour.  To add some colour I embossed a couple of small sections and fussy cut the images, punched a couple of small flowers and added some bling to finish it off. 




8 comments:

  1. great card, luv the stamping...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and happy! I love how you popped out the presents and flowers, and the "bling" gives it just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, your faux letterpress turned put amazing! It's such a fun technique!
    So glad you are playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job with that Happy Birthday embossing folder...the purple you used is also such a pretty and happy color!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week and sharing your creativity with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool technique!! I've seen this done before and have always wanted to try it!! I'd say you perfected it here!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Andrea! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊