Thursday, May 9, 2013

Handmade Card for Dad


Good afternoon! This morning after I read a couple of challenges, I went straight to work making this Handmade Card for Dad. It could be used for Father's Day, Birthday or Just Because I decided to send my Dad a card. I LOVE my woodgrain embossing folder by Stampin' Up! and the challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to use woodgrain, challenge accepted! To decide the other elements of my card I combined the following challenges:
The design is a classic and simple layout, but I didn't want to cover up the woodgrain. The owl seemed to be a natural choice for my animal friend and I used the Cricut machine to cut the letters and circles. I added some jute twine by American Crafts for the final touch and I was done.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Andrea! Woodgrain and owls go so well together (I very nearly made a similar card!), and I love the soft blues on your card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job -- I am sure your dad will love this. Great design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely Masculine card Andrea, although it would suit a female just as well (without the Dad of course)..:0)Love the colours and the woodgrain together and the twine is the perfect accent. The Dad looks great double layered as well, l like that idea! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and so often too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card.Love the embossing.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Nutcrafters this week with your cute little card. Well done very inspirational

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. I really like they way you have tied your twine. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great father's day card and the owl goes well with your woodgrained tree. I love the font you used for your 'dad' text. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little SU owl. I have this puncher too =) Your card looks great.
    Thanks for playing with us at Cards und More.

    Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊