Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Handmade Anniversary Card

One of my coworkers asked me to make her a Handmade Anniversary Card to give her husband. I found this request to be quite challenging. The only detail she gave me was the color maroon, it was their wedding color. I started by searching for the right image and was delighted to find this Milk Shake image by Kenny K. I colored the image with Copic markers and a classic stampin' pad in Baja Breeze applied with a blender pen. The patterned papers are from my retired stash of Stampin' Up!. For the sentiment I used a stamp by Verve Stamps and used the scissors to cut the banner. The scalloped border is a die cut from the Adorning Accents Edgelits set by Stampin' Up! The layout isn't fancy but I really like the Baja Breeze and Bravo Burgundy colors together. I guess that about sums it up. Thanks for stopping by!

My Handmade Anniversary Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute!!
    What a fun image of the sweet couple!!
    :) :) I saw your card at Make It Monday!! :) :)
    Nicole’s Craft Nook
    Nicole’s Secret BLOG Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cute card saw you on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun image to create with and love the blue rays. :) I think you nailed it! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday. Hugs, Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the colors are great together and make this card look special. What a fun card for your co-worker to give her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is both cute and so very pretty. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! You did a wonderful job coloring your image, and designing your card. I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for joining in on the *polka dots* challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL card! LOVE the layers and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊