Saturday, May 3, 2014

You're a Classic Card


The month of May is full of birthdays in our family and many of them are for the guys. My dad, brother and father-in-law all have their birthday within seven days of each other. Well, mine falls in that timeline too, but we don't have to talk about that! My dad's birthday is the first one and so I've made this You're a Classic Card for him. I used a pre-colored digital image and sentiment from Doodle Pantry. The layout is from the current sketch at Retro Sketches. To add a little antiqued look I used a charcoal chalk ink around the edges of the image and gumball green dsp. The black banner is dry embossed with the square lattice embossing folder by Stampin' Up! Now that's one card down and two to go. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

My You're a Classic Card is entered into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Adorable Design Thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week…. Good luck in the draw…
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful masculine card! I struggle with those so much! Great image and I love the precoloured ones too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Andrea! I love that lovely colour combination! Thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully-designed masculine card! Love your image, color palette, papers and die cuts. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your super card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 27 'anything goes' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colors on this card ... so fun. I have to say that I giggled a bit over your wish to teach the cats to clean. Let me know if that works out for you!! I've got a few lazy kitties to teach too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one a lot it's adourable thanks for joining us at sister act and good luck
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Dad will love this card! That's one of my favorite images from Doodle Pantry and I like how you added the gumball green DSP - the image just pops! Thanks for playing along at DPDC #46!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool classic pick-up and the color-scheme for the card is perfect. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card for your dad!! Great sketch!
    Thanks for playing along with us at DPDC46 and for using a DP image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I know your Dad will cherish this beautiful masculine card! I just love the DP image you used and your design is simply gorgeous! I'm so happy you joined us for the Doodle Pantry challenge! I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! The image is perfect for your father.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊