Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Dad Measures Up Card


It's Tuesday again and time for another challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. The theme this week is Father's Day. Since Sunday will be arriving quickly, I definitely needed to get a card done for my dad. My dad makes custom cabinets and other custom projects from his home workshop. Growing up I used to tinker in his shop with him and to this day the smell of sawdust reminds me of him. I don't have any tool related stamps and I couldn't find a suitable digital image, so I used this patterned paper by Karen Foster Designs. The Dad was cut using my Cricut machine and I added two silver brads for accents (I wish I had the ones that look like the heads of screws, but I didn't). On the inside I'll use my computer to create a sentiment using the measures up angle. Oh... just so you know, I measured all my papers twice and cut them once when making this My Dad Measures Up Card to follow shop protocol, of course. I hope he likes it!

We would love for you to join up this week! Click here for more inspiration from the design team. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

This My Dad Measures Up Card is entered into the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful masculine card! You Dad will love it! I like the patterned paper, especially the measuring tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just wonderful. I love this idea - the measuring tape is a perfect touch. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stylish card !
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers !
    Good luck
    Vania x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More,#Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time and effort you put into this card for your DAD will surely be appreciated.
    I think it hit the mark with the special measuring tape and accents you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the pun with the tape and sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I really Like your measuring tapes! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the background

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that paper and idea. Great Father's day card. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenge.
    hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Andrea, I'm sure that your Dad will have loved it.
    Thanks for entering our Men and Boys challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊