Sunday, July 5, 2015

Congratulations Card

On Thursday I bought a new stencil and couldn't wait to ink it up. It's called Crakle by Tim Holtz. I've used it on this Congratulations Card to create my background paper. The colors used are from the Color Throwdown challenge (ctd349). I love the pop of orange flowers in their inspiration photo and so I decided to use flowers on my card. The Congratulations sentiment was chosen to play along with "Just Us Girls" in honor of their 300th challenge.

Using the stencil, I inked a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon stampin' pads with sponge daubers. The inked panel was then adhered to a piece of Lost Lagoon and then layered on top of Tangelo Twist cardstock. The sentiment is from the Sassy Salutations stamp set and was stamped using Soft Suede ink. I layered the sentiment strip onto a piece of Soft Suede. Using the Flower Shop stamp set and Tangelo Twist ink the flowers were stamped onto Tangelo Twist cardstock and punched using the Pansy Punch. For the center of the flowers three Itty Bitty Scallops were punched and adhered. Then I added sequins to the centers for a little sparkle.

I was a little afraid about mixing the flowers with the stenciled crackled background. So, I asked the hubby what he thought? He said it makes the flowers look like they are growing out of a stone path in a garden. That worked for me! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new stencil and your colour choice for your background. Those flowers really pop and so too the lovely Congratulations. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stenciled background! It looks really nice with the pop of color of your flowers! Thanks for joining the Just Us Girls team and I for our 300th Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stenciled background - awesome font for the congrats too - Thanks for joining in at JUGS 300!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card!! Love that crackle background!! Glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly what it looks like! Love that stencil & the red is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊